Pasta & Chicken with Mushrooms, Asparagus and Zucchini
- 56 gms Whole Wheat pasta (124 cal.)
- 100 grams Mushrooms, fresh, (22 cal.)
- 100 grams Zucchini, 100 grams (16 cal.)
- 100 grams Asparagus, fresh, 100 grams (23 cal.)
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tbsp (120 cal.)
- 3 ounces chicken breast, no skin (94 cal.)
- red pepper flakes
- garlic powder
Weigh 56 grams of pasta per serving, cook as per package directions. After cooking 100 grams cooked should equal a serving or weigh entire volume and divide by servings to get weight for one.
Julienne cut the zuchinni to the same size as the asparagus. I try to use the thinnest spears of asparagus I can find for this recipe. Clean and slice mushrooms.
Heat oil in pan and cook vegetables until done, but still a bit crispy, not limp! Add pasta and toss. Add spices.
Serve warm, optional sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
TOTALS: 399 calories, 38 grams carbs, 16 grams fat, 31 grams protein