I cook dairy-free for my DH, so this recipe has been altered. I exchanged coconut oil for butter and honestly with bananas -that works! Instead of pecans, I used pistachios. For original recipe, click here!
- 113 grams Coconut Oil
- 142 grams Brown Sugar
- 64 grams Honey
- 2 large Eggs
- 210 grams Pumpkin, puree
- 227 grams Banana, fresh
- 2 Tbs. Coconut Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 170 grams Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Tbs. Pistachios
- 2 tbsp Flax Seed
- .25 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbs. Cinnamon, ground
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Use coconut oil to grease pan. Notice I used a square pan rather than a loaf pan, this made portions easier.
- Beat the coconut oil, sugar, honey, eggs, pumpkin, banana, coconut water and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, stirring to combine.
- Add nuts. (I made a sep loaf for DH and added dark chocolate chips here)
- Rest batter for 15 minutes. I skipped this on one loaf and it did not rise as well as the one that rested.
- Bake the bread for 60 minutes, until a wooden skewer or toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean; and that same tester inserted about 1/2″ into the top of the loaf doesn’t encounter any unbaked batter.
- Allow to cool completely, then cover in plastic wrap and rest overnight.
If you cut cake into 36 pieces, (4 x 9 rows):
82.6 calories. 13 g carbs, 1.3 g fiber, 4 g fat, 1.4 g protein –Vit A 18.7%
For 100 calorie pieces, cut into 30 pieces. (5 x 6 rows)
For 150 calorie pieces, cut into 20 pieces. (4 x 5 rows)
For 200 calorie pieces, cut into 15 pieces. (3 x 5 rows)
For a 2974 calorie piece, binge and eat whole thing but you will be banned from this site!