Mashed Cauliflower, Ratatouille, Meatloaf
An old fashioned dinner is the perfect end to a stressful day, the kind that feels like family love. My calorie limit is now 1200 -1300 per day, so I can enjoy a meal like this. It would be very easy to adjust calories, smaller portions, the veg are 1 cup servings, so halving them can subtract 120 calories. The ratatouille makes a lovely 140 calorie lunch. Of course, the meatloaf makes a wonderful sandwich, use the thin 100 calorie buns with a half serving for a 260 calorie lunch.
- 1 large head cauliflower steamed until soft
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/3-cup parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp Horseradish sauce
- Steam cauliflower until soft, mash.
- Mix in parmesan and the horseradish sauce.
Makes 6 1-cup servings
Cal 98 Carbs 5.8 g Fat 7.2 g Protein 4 g
- 1 part eggplant
- 1 part onion
- 1 part zucchini
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 chopped peppers
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- dried Italian herbs
- handful of fresh basil chopped
- dried red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Sautee chopped onions in olive oil until soft, 10 minutes.
- Add chopped eggplant, peppers and zucchini.
- Add garlic and seasonings.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Simmer for 15 minutes
Makes 4 1-cup servings
Cal 141 Carb 15g Fat 8g Protein 6g
- 2 pound mix of ground meats and/or poultry
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3 egg whites
- pureed onion
- topping (BBQ sauce, worcestershire sauce, etc)
- Mix everything together well.
- Grease a loaf pan or 8×8 pyrex baking dish.
- Bake until internal temp reaches highest temp of all meat ingredients.
4 ounce serving:
Cal 319 Carb 20 g Fat 14 g Protein 28 g
Cal 558 Carb 41g Fat 28g Protein 38g