The dairy challenge since dairy is a fast acting allergen, DH gets a rash within minutes! I may be feeling a bit congested not sure. I will go back to no dairy to see if it clears up.
Breakfast was a super fruit smoothie:
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup frozen papaya
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1 scoop dreaded pea protein powder
All in all it wasn’t so bad. I can still taste the pea and it is oddly disconcerting to my palette until I accept it and then its okay. I can beat the amount of protein, which I need.
Lunch was creamy mushroom soup, part of my dairy challenge with rice crackers.
Dinner was late, waiting for DH to come home, so I figured I’d take a picture of his supper but he ate it out of the pan LOL It was seriously delicious, which was a first for us this week.
Penne Pasta with feta, sautéd endive and pancetta.
Feta is goat cheese and I am assuming any dairy issues are cow. If not it fits challenge, will challenge feta alone later.
- In a bit of olive oil, sauté pancetta.
- Add two endives cut lengthwise into quarters.
- Cook gluten free penne pasta, drain and rinse in cold water.
- Add pasta to pan with endive and pancetta, stir to coat pasta.
- Add a little crumbled feta, sea salt, red pepper flakes and pinenuts.
This was so good, I will make again in a few days. DH agreed it was the best thing we’ve eaten on this sensitivity diet.