I love breakfast pizzas and quiche but even with an awesome vegan butter crust is seriously full of fat! I don’t know how this came to me but I found a work-a-round. I was thinking that I wish I had some phyllo dough but then my eyes fell on a package of large tortillas… I remember a friend from Bombay would rinse one under running water and toss it onto the racks of a hot oven for her dinner bread. The two ideas merged in my head and voila!
So, here is how I did it:
- flour tortilla
- frozen chopped spinach
- sweet onion
- grated pizza cheese (parmesan, mozzarella)
- salt & red pepper flakes
- Spray pie plate with oil.
- Rinse flour tortilla on both side with water, shake off excess water and form into pie plate.
- Spray frying pan with oil, fry pancetta, add onions.
- Sprinkle frozen chopped spinach into pie crust.
- Pour 4 beaten eggs over spinach.
- Top with pancetta and onions.
- Add shredded pizza cheeses on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until set in center. It took me about 20 minutes. You can raise heat but eggs are better cooked at lower temp.
- Allow to sit for five minutes before slicing.